My Shopping List
Tunisian Steak Lettuce Wraps
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4-in. thick (about 1 lb.)
+ 8 large lettuce leaves (such as leaf, Bibb or iceberg)
+ finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Date Marinade and Spread:
+ 2/3 c. pitted dates
+ 1/3 c. water
+ 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
+ 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
+ 2 cloves garlic
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 1/2 c. julienne-cut carrots
+ 1/2 c. julienne-cut hothouse cucumber
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/8 tsp. pepper
What to do:
1. Place Date Marinade and Spread ingredients in food processor container. Cover; process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 c. for spread. Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hr. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Combine Slaw ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8-9 min. for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
4. Carve steak into thin slices. Spread 1 Tbsp. reserved Date Spread on each lettuce leaf. Top evenly with steak slices and slaw. Sprinkle with mint, as desired. Roll up.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Petite Sirah, Merlot, Chianti
Calories: 364; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Total Carbs: 32g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 413mg;