My Shopping List
Creamy Pasta Primavera
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 c. penne pasta, uncooked
+ 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
+ 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
+ 2 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
+ 1-1/2 c. cut-up fresh asparagus spears (1-inch lengths)
+ 1 red pepper, chopped
+ 1 c. fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
+ 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
+ 1/4 c. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
What to do:
1. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
2. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add broth and Neufchatel; cook 1 min. or until Neufchatel is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly. Stir in Parmesan.
3. Drain pasta; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
* How to Make it Meatless: Omit chicken. Prepare recipe as directed, cooking the vegetables until crisp-tender.
* Special Extra: Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or basil just before serving.
* Substitute: Prepare using any variety of whole wheat pasta. Or, prepare using 5 cups of whatever vegetables you have on hand.