My Shopping List
Fried Grouper Sandwich
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 (6-oz.) Florida grouper fillets
+ 2 large Florida eggs
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
+ 1 c. all-purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
+ corn meal for dredging the fish
+ vegetable oil for deep-frying the fish
+ Florida leaf lettuce
+ 2 Florida tomatoes, sliced thin
+ 8 soft sandwich rolls, split
What to do:
1. Beat together eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
2. Place flour mixture and cornmeal in separate shallow dishes.
3. Dredge each fillet in flour mixture and dip in egg wash. Dredge fillets in cornmeal last.
4. In a deep fry pan, heat 1 inch of the oil to 375°F on a deep-fat thermometer. Fry the fillets in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer fillets to paper towels to drain.
5. To serve, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, and fillets on the sandwich rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Calories: 487; Calories From Fat: 279; Total Fat: 31g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 108mg; Total Carbs: 43g; Protein: 9g;